Western Ports uses independent contractors exclusively. And as an independent contractor at Western Ports you’re more than a truck number and a faceless voice on the other end of the radio. We know you're a real person with a personal life and we respect that.
All our work is local, within 100 air miles of our office, this means you’ll be home every night able to spend time with your family and sleep in your own bed.
· Weekly settlements;
· Direct bank deposit of your settlement;
· Fuel card;
· Sprint radio with push to talk feature and text messaging at no cost to you.
We’re looking for experienced, safety minded, consciences contractors. To qualify you must be at least 23 years of age and:
· Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in like equipment.
· Must meet all other DOT requirements.
· No more than two moving violations in the last three years
· No more than two at fault preventable accident in the last three years, or more than one at-fault accident in the last year.
· Be able to read and speak the English language well enough to converse with the general public, understand English traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records;;
· Is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with Washington state laws;
· Have a current, valid class A commercial motor vehicle operator's license issued only by one State or jurisdiction;
· Not be disqualified to drive a motor vehicle under the rules in Sec. 391.15
· Have a valid T.W.I.C. Card.